Uno in a Nutshell
Each player is dealt 7 cards with the remaining ones placed face down (virtually) to form a DRAW pile. The top card of the DRAW pile is (virtually) turned over to begin a DISCARD pile. The first player has to match the card in the DISCARD pile either by number, colour, or word. For example, if the card is a blue 3, a player must throw down a blue card or any colour 3. Or the player can throw down a Wild Card. If the player doesn't have anything to match, they must draw a card from the DRAW pile. If they can play what is drawn, great. Otherwise, play moves to the next person (pass).
What Word Cards Mean
- [D2] Draw Two Cards - When this card is played, the next person to play must draw 2 cards and forfeit his turn.
- [R] Reverse Card - Simply reverse direction of play. Play left becomes play right, and vice versa.
- [S] Skip Card - The next player to play loses his turn and is "skipped." Mighty clever.
- [W] Wild Card - This card can be played on any card. The person playing the card calls any colour to continue play, including the one presently being played if desired. A Wild card can be played even if the player has another playable card in his hand.
- [WD4] Wild Draw Four Card - This is the best, meanest, most sneaky card to have. Not only does the player get to call the next colour played, but the next player has to pick 4 cards and forfeit his turn. There is a hitch, however (of course): you can only play this card when you don't have a card in your hand that matches the colour of the card previously played.
Note: A player may have a matching number or word card of a different colour in his hand and plays his "Wild Draw Four" card.
When a player is out of cards, he gets points for cards left in the opponent's hands as follows:
- All cards through 9 = Face value (ie: 9 is 9 points)
- Draw 2 = 20 points
- Reverse = 20 points
- Skip = 20 points
- Wild = 50 points
- Wild Draw 4 = 50 points
.uno- to start a game
.ujoin- to join a game
.p- plays a card
.d- draws a card
.pce-on- turns on listing for colours in private
.pce-off- turns off listing for colours in private
.unostop- stops the current game, note only the person who started the game can do this.
.unostats pw 10- Shows the top 10 users ranked based on percent-wins (note you can pick a different number than 10)
.unostats ppg 10- Shows the top 10 users ranked based on points per game (note you can pick a different number than 10)
.unostats pw- Show the current statistics with ranking based on percent-win.
.unostats ppg- Show the current statistics with ranking based on points per game.
You will receive your cards via a NOTICE, which is private. Only you can see your cards, even if your client shows NOTICES in the same buffer as the channel.
.play wd4 b - plays a wild draw four from your hand, skips the next person and makes the
colour blue. So the next card that is played must be blue or either a wild-card
.play b 9
.p b 9 - plays a blue 9
.play r s
.p r s - plays a red skip
.play g r
.p g r - plays a green reverse
.play w g
.p w g - plays a wildcard and makes the new colour green
.unotop 10 - displays the top10 in the rankings. This will be sent via PM during games,
and to the channel not during games. (if command is issued in the channel. note: if you send the command
via PM it will respond via PM)
Object of the game
To be the first person to discard all of their cards.